BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 8 January 2010

Sweet Dreams: Buy Cadbury or Optare



I read in the Financial's that there is a buyer sizing up Optare and it's share price rocketed accordingly. It would be nice to think that a new owner might grow the company but just as easily we could lose it. However as it is struggling at the moment but with new products in the pipeline I can't see it being melted down unless of course it's Kraft on their tail. Dennis made it's mark with the Dart whilst Optare revolutionised the minibus market by providing a cheap yet sophisticated alternative to the crude 'bread van' Transit. They went on to build single-deckers to the same formula but have yet to enjoy success with a double-decker especially as the promising Spectra flopped.

No comments: