BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Monday 2 March 2015

E823 HBF: Even the bad times a good?


We all seem to have a tendency to give the past a rosy glow, but even when in the Nineties we could still enjoy once familiar bus types the down side of Deregulation was very much part of the scene, horrendous Dodge minibuses like this PMT example in Hanley, depot closures, and asset-striped fleets topped up with unwanted buses from elsewhere. One or two made a fortune from the 'refreshing world of change' but it was not a happy time for busmen who put up with a lot as they didn't know who they would be working for or whether they would have a job tomorrow.

No comments: