BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Almost An April Fool?

When is a door not a door? The answer being when it's on a Scottish Bus. Well this sounds a lot like an April Fool Joke but in Glasgow they wanted to tell the passengers it wasn't. I can see why they did it but the whole tone of the wording is a bit rude like the irate driver and very unwelcoming, Had they put "Please do not use." it might have been a lot more polite a reasonable, after all it wasn't the public's fault Network Something-or-other had lumbered them with unsuitable elderly secondhand dual-doorway Atlanteans from the former SYPTE. It suggests this was a ploy by 'First Group' who were working hard to gain that hard to beat poor reputation for service which they are now trying very hard to shake off.

No comments: