BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Friday 22 June 2018

Deeble Van-Hool A158 XRL

Well-wishers gather at Plymouth Bretonside to see off friends and relatives travelling on Deeble's Darley Ford Coaches Van-Hool Alizee to hopefully somewhere more sunny on a charter. Sadly taking a photo like this is quite rare these days as even if some petty offical doesn't tell you to stop it the people are penned in behind barriers and coaches stand in neat rows which never change. Also of course unique to Plymouth this spacious bus and coach station with it's covered area situated beneath the roadway above has gone and the city would never quite be the same to me in future as in former days it had a certain magic.

1 comment:

Anton said...

This is a vanhool astron t818 man powered registered new to darley ford in April 1984

Its now sat in my yard in Derbyshire awaiting completion after having lots of steel work replaced and being repanelled is now registered as kiw4010