BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 19 June 2018

Lichfield: Very Nice But No Buses On a Sunday

A few years ago if someone had tried to tell me that we would lose all our Sunday Buses in Staffordshire I would have thought them a fool but it has pretty well happened. There were hopes that the important 825 which links Lichfield, Rugeley and Stafford to Stafford Hospital might be saved but with Cannock closed that day it was hoped Arriva Tamworth could easily help out. But in true Arriva style it couldn't be bothered to do it either but that might change and if it does we might  start to get thse Mercedes buses from there coming into the county town. Bus passengers are certainly made to feel they are second class citizens as not only can't people and places be visited all of the big shops are open and paying their business rates but no good to anyone without transport. And to think transport runs normally in Switzerland even on Christmas Day.

No comments: