BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 21 February 2009

A BIGGER SCAN: 8037



Looking through my photos I'm left with the impression that RN buses were usually smartly turned out but the smartest ones seemed to be from Evora like this spotless Leyland that looked as though it had just been returned from the paint shop.

6 comments:

Pedro said...

Hello Chris.

Thank you for another great photo of an RN 8000 bus, my favorite ones! This Leyland was new to S.M.E. - Serviços Municipalizados de Evora, the local bus service.
Can you send it with more definition, please?

Pedro said...

Do you have more photos of RN 8000 buses in the old liveries?
Like this 8989 (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ZOX1B0UI8h0/R4oCkidTjvI/AAAAAAAADyY/k_2sX92UOBQ/s1600-h/8989.RN-Evora.jpg) you send in January 2008.

christopher said...

Pedro thanks for your comment. You'll have to wait and see what more I have for you from Portugal, and I'm afraid I'll need to do a fresh scan of this photo if I'm to make it bigger.

Artdesire said...

Yes, yes... a bigger scan (going in queue).

Sant Driver said...

Greatful for Bigger Scan.

Pedro said...

Thanks for the bigger photo!
And what's the next big scan?
I vote for the 8989 in Evora!...