BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Fancy a Praiamar Expresso Luv?


Sorry I always play with words when I think I'm abroad. I scanned the whole image with the front of the Barraqueiro DAF too but there are a lot of horrid white marks on the print so I scrapped it and decided to investigate the Portuguese girl further instead who was busy talking. Although not as satisfying as more conventional scenes this kind of image captures a corner or a moment in time and of course much of that violet painted Salvador Caetano bodied Volvo, a colour that seemed quite fashionable at that time in Portugal. I think this is Lisbon as I shot a few of the Barraqueiro vehicles and the remnants of tram lines and the local Volvo RN buses make me think it must be so. No doubt my local bus fans will let me know if I'm wrong and also perhaps supply the girl's phone number although I expect she's aged since 1984, but I'm the eternal optimist so you never know she might still have a younger sister.

1 comment:

Terminal Rodoviario said...

Hello Christopher!

I still remember seeing these express service, travelling between Lisbon and the village of Cascais, on national route 6, alongside Tagus river and the Atlantic ocean. It was quite interesting, due to the scenic views the passengers could see.

Last year, we could see the old bus stops of this servece in Estoril! Which is amazing, as the service ended long time ago!

Best regards!