BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 15 April 2018

Royal Blue RELH 837 SUO: Gentlemen Gather Rosebuds Whilst You May

Maybe instead it should be taking bus photos with a camera whilst you may. I'm not knocking anyone as I'm an enthusiast too, but what exactly is the appeal of taking super quality shots of preserved buess and coaches when you see the same ones time and time again, indeed it wouldn't be so bad if they were out on the road where they belong. Maybe it is a way to combine an interest in photography and buses together, yes and I guess that's what I do. But I do find rows and rows of highly polished buses parked up on grass with the proud owner hiding part of the front with it's award board a bit artificial to say the least and most annoying too as gormless people who forgot their glasses seem to deliberately get in the way and painstakingly read what it says on the board every last word!of it, meanwhile I mutter to myself saying it's only a revamped Routemaster for Christ's sake. For myself I perhaps take one or two portraits of vehicles that catch my eye but when I do it I like to include other things that are going on including people of course often a 'no no' to the die-hard purist 'bus twitcher' even if she's beautiful and showing it off. I guess the important thing is we all go there and enjoy ourselves for if we didn't and the owners didn't go to all the trouble of bringing their pride and joy there would be no event to go to. I suppose it's my fault I can't just enjoy it as a day out, the trouble is I am old enough to remember the Fifties and Sixties and sometimes it's a bit like someone like Alan Titchmarsh doing a cover-version of your favorite Hendrix song or the BBC trying to do a new version of Dad's Army without all the old faces we love.

No comments: