BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 25 April 2020

Swindon & District Leyland Titan GNF 11V

In the Nineties it seemed everywhere one went there was something of interest like this Swindon and District Leyland Titan which had been one of a trial batch for Greater Manchester PTE.

2 comments:

Ross said...

I don't think I've ever seen that style of the S&D fleetname or livery before. I guess it must have been in the period when I lost interest in the bus industry, around the time First and Stagecoach were swallowing up companies left, right and centre.

With hindsight I wish I'd kept up with happenings, but with hindsight I wish I'd done a lot of things differently!

christopher said...

Well this period after Deregulation was a lot better than the Seventies as along with the good and the bad there was so much going on, it was just the 'end game' in a way the end of the road. But today things are changing to some extent as Arriva and First become less of a presence and smaller companies like Diamond come to the fore.