BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 5 August 2009

Time stands still: Some old buses never die


It's easy to look at the modern bus scene today and get a bit depressed as for me at least most of that youthful excitement has gone. But I've realised how lucky we are as not only is there so much stuff to read and also see on the net plus of course something we would never have imagined accurate diecast models of individual buses to collect. But better still we can still ride on our old favourites of course, it's not an everyday experience more of a special treat only when there are historic events. For the people who live in Berlin in the Wannsee district they can ride on a vintage bus everyday on normal service as the local preservation group work one of their old Bussing's on the 218. Those who have to use it every day I don't suppose always fully appreciate how lucky they are but whenever I go out there to stay with my brother I take a least two trips on these my favourite BVG buses from the Sixties and Seventies. You should too because they have all the character and are endued with wonderful noises and the sort of more solid and comfortable interior modern buses lack.

No comments: