BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 15 July 2007

A Ribble Rarity


In 1983 as part of the NBC Midland Red North took nine of these Duple Dominant bus bodied Leyland Tigers but the tenth vehicle was diverted to Ribble where it could be seen working in Liverpool. However by the Nineties it had been moved by it's new owner to Lancaster and it says something for these pleasing looking buses that it still managed to look okay in those much hated 'Stagecoach Stripes'. Apparently as the saying goes the design was originally done on the back of a cigarette packet and one can quite believe it. As time goes on I've become quite fond of it but maybe that also has something to do with nostalgia for older buses like this.

No comments: