BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 2 December 2007

Swiss School Reunion: Familiar Faces


I'm so glad I returned to Switzerland for the New Year of 1988-89 as surprisingly not too much had changed there bus-wise since the mid-Sixties and everywhere there were nice reminders as in Geneva. I remember these Saurer buses with their unique flat looking frontal design from when I first entered the country in 1963 and in those days they looked very modern and Continental espercially as there was an articulated version as well. No doubt Geneva took this design for some years and I expect the early examples I had seen thirty-four-years previously had long departed. They certainly made a sharp contrast to the PTT owned R&J bodied Saurer L4 Post Bus P23061 (P2113) that took us up the mountainside to Chesieres. Normally on charters for our school we had the much more modern and coach-like FBW Haifisch P24001 which was kept for us and as a service spare, but this was a nice introduction to this beautiful alpine country for it was a warm September evening and we slowly weaved our way upwards into the thin-air with the canvas roof rolled back like the Pioneers.

No comments: