BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 22 December 2007

Rugeley Bus Station


Not so many years ago Rugeley Bus Station used to be a hive of activity but not any more now there is just Arriva. In the good old days one of the smartest buses at the Midland Red North Chaserider Depot at Stafford was No.467 a Plaxton Supreme Bodied Leyland Leopard which received a smart claret and white livery. It is seen on the Stafford-Lichfield-Tamworth X25 Service in the Eighties with a couple of Cannock buses in the background including 2543 an ex-Trent Daimler Fleetline. Also in evidence are two of Stevenson's many former London DMS Fleetlines

1 comment:

UnKnown said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. Bus Service Berlin