BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 7 December 2008

RN: Four Utic AEC's


I guess this was taken either in or close to Santaren in Portugal in 1984 when the still much missed AEC marque was very much in abundance, as an interesting selection of them belonging to RN all with typical styles of local Utic bodywork bask in the dusty mid-day heat.

6 comments:

Artdesire said...

Thank you again for a great photo of buses of RN. The ones in this picture are from the 8000 series belonging to a southern region where Santarem is not located. This photo might have been taken in Vila Franca de Xira which would explain a bus service to Santarem. But my Portuguese friends should confirm this.

Pedro said...

Thank you for another beautiful photo, Chris!
Duarte, I think this could be Santarem because during the first RN years, the CEP 8 keep operating the Viana do Alentejo - Santarem route, an original route from Camionagem Ribatejana.
And the 2 AEC's behind looks like CEP 4, don't you think?

christopher said...

If it's any help the nearest of the two parked at the back is No.4864.

Pedro said...

Chris, can you send this photo with better definition to my mail, please?
It´s figueira8768@gmail.com
This one and the RN blue AEC at AlcobaƧa, RN 8025 at Evora, RN 8026 at Evora and RN 8989 at Evora.
Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.