BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 9 March 2008

Dinky Toys Model 202: Leyland Royal Tiger Duple Roadmaster


South Notts of Gotham had two of these noble beasts immortalised by the Meccano Company of Liverpool and I still have about five of the Dinky one's in a box in the bedroom cupboard. When I visited the premises of South Notts in about 1980 one at least had escaped the usual fate of just being parked up and left to rust away in the yard as it had passed to the local British Legeon and was seen elsewhere in the village. Indeed LOE 300, bought from Jackson of Castle Bromwich in 1957 looks in this view a bit like a proud old soldior too sticking out it's chest and showing off it's medals gained in it's youth long ago.

No comments: