BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 16 March 2008

What do you get when you cross a Leyland National2 with a DAB


Well it might look something like these Utic bodied Leylands that featured in many Portugeuse bus fleets including RN during the Eighties. Of course it was this distinctive curved windscreen that all three employed and even though in my opinion this bus was not as attractive as a Danish DAB it did have a lot more character than the National2. No.9216 was enjoying the Algarve sunshine in Monte Gordo whilst on a local journey to nearby Villa Real in 1984

2 comments:

Artdesire said...

Great buses, these Leyland DABs with Utic Standard bodywork. They were very popular in Rodoviária Nacional transport areas 7 and 9. These buses ran for a long time between Faro center and the airport and further on to the beach. I clearly remember the loud, distinctive sound of the brake pneumatics.

christopher said...

One learns something every day, I never realised they were partly DAB's. Quite a few other operators had them too as my pictures will testify. Durate thanks for your comment