BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Sunday 23 March 2008

One for Pedro: Evora RN Albion No.8025



When I was lucky enough to do a tour of Portugal in 1986, the bright orange and white RN buses seemed to be everywhere I went and the smartest best kept examples seemed to be in the inland charming white walled historic town of Evora not too far from the Spanish border. This already slightly tall looking Albion Viking has an even more narrow wheelbase and one wonders how well it handled itself along the bumpy and cobble-stone local roads. I expect the steering was very heavy as Albions were quite brutish and not built for sissies so you had to eat a big bowl of scotch porridge oats in the morning before one could even attempt to adjust the driver's seat never mind move the thing. No doubt my Portuguese friends will tell me if I'm wrong about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful photo in Évora. RN 8025 was nº270 from "João Cândido Belo and Cª, Lda, new in 1971. It'was sold to a private institution in 1994.

Best Regards
José Luis COVITA