BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Thursday 14 February 2008

A footstep into Spain: Senioritas & Ayats


The small town of San Antonio might be just a stones throw away from Vila Real and Portugal across the estuary of the Rio Gaudiana River but it felt like somewhere from another time and different continent. The comparitively neat nearby Algarve resorts with their tidy seafronts and flowerbeds seemed rather British like Worthing or Torquay compared with this sleepy dusty place that looked like it had once been the set of some Spaghetti Western. As part of the EU Spain has changed a great deal since this view was taken in 1984 and I expect the whole area is now covered in concrete and tall apartments to house a new affluent generation moving out from Ayamonte. No doubt first impressions are misleading as on this day I just sailed in for an hour to photograph some different looking buses and of course those dark Spanish girls who look like something out of a Picasso or Dali Painting, but in a way of course I hope this sleepy place is still very much the way it was.

No comments: