BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Saturday 15 November 2008

Fame at last for a little red bus


I can't quite remember where this was in Portugal but it was a busy little town to the North of Lisbon with a street market and which was served by both RN and local buses and probably the same as the destination on the bus. One of these a rather functional looking Volvo heads off for Caldas-da-Rainha if this is not where it already is.

6 comments:

Terminal Rodoviario said...

I've just fall off the chair...

What a lovelly treasure you have brought to all of us... This is rare, too rare...

Thank you!

For the moment, I cannot help you more... I don't quite remenmber seeing all those red buses.

By any chance, can you see what is written on the plate, on the right panel ?

Thank you, once again !

Miguel Sabino said...

Hello Christopher.
According with Marco Lindo, our "Buses Wikipedia Man"
AUTO PENAFIEL MR-64-90 ( Urban Bus Services CALDAS DA RAÍNHA )
VOLVO B755.06
Original Body:
SALVADOR CAETANO in 1965
Re-bodied with this CAMO Body in 1974.
Thanks for this and Kind regards.
P.S. If you more from RN, specially from Algarve... You know what to do.

Miguel Sabino said...

Hello Christopher.
According with Marco Lindo, our "Buses Wikipedia Man"
AUTO PENAFIEL MR-64-90 ( Urban Bus Services CALDAS DA RAÍNHA )
VOLVO B755.06
Original Body:
SALVADOR CAETANO in 1965
Re-bodied with this CAMO Body in 1974.
Thanks for this and Kind regards.
P.S. If you more from RN, specially from Algarve... You know what to do.

christopher said...

Glad you like it: I see my slightly tongue in cheek heading turned out to be rather apt. Don't worry I have plenty more from Portugal bu I'm sorry you only get about one a week.

BrooklynNellie said...

Yes, that is Caldas da Rainha (note no accent mark, though one would seem to be needed). The pink building is the old town hall, as seen here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldas_da_Rainha#Assembleia_Municipal. The sign beneath the driver says "Praça da República", which is the square where the photo was taken.

christopher said...

Thanks Brooklynnellie for more clarification. I'm afraid I don't think I can add accents to letters on this PC. I realise this can change the whole inflextion of words which is why I often use the English spellings instead. Still my main aim here is to keep putting photos on for you without too much fuss and without being Wikipedia. I love all your involvement though so keep on commenting.