BUSWORLD PHOTOGRAPHY

I AM CHRISTOPHER LEACH THE ARTIST. I started this blog so that I can share with everyone my vast collection of transport photographs showing a personal and nostalgic view of the industry with images that span some 45 years taking in the U.K and some of Europe. I have no darkroom and so rather than being the perfectionist after tidying them up I upload the images warts and all, and even those that won't scan squarely or are scratched. In a way it adds age and character. You are all free to download these for your personal use but please remember I still own them and you are not just free to use them without prior permission for any knd of publishing. Click on images to enlarge them and if you want to see more leave your comments or visit my website for the mother-site with galleries including those Buses & Girls: PICTUREWORLD

Wednesday 26 November 2008

Leeds: Vicar Lane Bus Station


One thing I liked about the so-called Tilling Companies like West Yorkshire is that they built for themselves attractive well-appointed bus stations in brick like the busy one here in Leeds, one of three in close proximity in the city. This picture was taken as the National Bus Company was being broken up and operators started to go for what they considered eye-catching schemes, or as here at West Yorkshire where they returned to their pleasantly conservative pre-NBC red and cream livery. Consequently Bristol VR No.1705 heading off to Ilkley looked rather smart in an attractive bright and proper red and cream newly liberated from that dreary poppy-red and white but albeit still looked a little strange and surreal.

No comments: